My Experience at APROC 2017
I was the Faculty at the Asia Pacific Sicot’s Orthopedic Course – Aproc 2017, held at Sheraton Hote, Pune.
The organizers made it so memorable for me, that seldom any academician was bestowed with so much honor and respect that I got today at APROC 2017.
1. My debate on HTO vs UNI, my views on HTO drew 98% acceptance when an opinion was sought from the floor.
2. I was made to chair a session on Arthroscopy.
3. They gave me the honor of delivering the important lecture of the day, Plenary Lecture on “The best approach for today’s Modern Orthopedic Problems”. The lecture was widely appreciated and lauded for its presentation and novelty.
4. Chief Guest during the inauguration.
5. The there was a question in the quiz. Delegates were asked to identify the two stalwarts.
(i) Dr. Ashok Johari
(ii) Dr. John Ebenzar.
This made me realize how far I have come in my life.
Best Paper Prize was my 5th Edition of Text Book of Orthopedics which was released very recently.
The prize for the quiz winner Dr. Ashok Gavaskar of Chennai was again my book.
Then I was given a very honorable and befitting felicitation and told that it is a privelege to get the famous “Pune Peta”
We signed off with a group photo with Dr. Ashok Johari and me.
So the joy was complete. From chairing a session, debate, plenary, lecture, myself being a quiz question, my book as prizes for best paper and quiz, inauguration, an honorable felicitation and so much love and respect, they did it all for me and made it an unforgettable moment for me. Seldom has any academician got this varied respect on a single day of an important National Conference.
And finally I was photographed with so many prominent consultants who has read my books in their PG days.
This made me realize the imprint I have left on the orthopedic fraternity of my country. Makes me feel proud and satisfied as I rose from a very humble background battling all odds in my life and laid hands on two of the country’s top Padma and BC Roy National award.The entire credit goes to my simple yet noble mother Late Sampath Kumari who shaped my life.